22 April, 2008

English Courses

Since the arrival of my Little Edward,i try my very best to speak English with him and read to him in English as well.However, due to my Chinese education background,i feel so hard to converse fluently with him.My auntie will have to correct me if i speak wrongly.During my schooldays, i feel shy to speak in English especially in front of my family members as they are all English educated.I envy of them very much.I wish my son won't follow my footsteps,but what can i do?
I know i can send my son to Montessori & let the teacher guide him,but i believe that guidance upon early stage would help him better.My auntie encourage me to speak English with him from time to time as my mother who taking care of him speaks mandarin & hokkien with him.Therefore,i must teach him English and let him explore to those English reading materials.His father was too busy to teach him as his work require him to work from morning till very late at night.He'll only spend the weekends with us as family day.I'm sure my son will treasure this little time that daddy is able to spend with him when he grows bigger to understand that his daddy really works hard for our living.
How am i going to teach my son if i myself can't speak a proper English?After a few months of consideration, i finally make up my mind to let myself back to school again!Off course not going back to high school.Wow,sound interesting is it?I'm suppose to finish my ACCA final level in this year but i opt to take up English courses at British Council.I wish to improve myself and guide my son in proper ways before sending him to Montessori.I hope my son will speak English just like his mother tongue.Off course he is not mat salleh,but he can speak up with confidence no matter where he was.Me & my hubby just hoping that he can speak multi language correctly in every way.
Edward, did you know mummy scarifies a lot because of you.Definitely learning English is not only for my son's benefit but it helps to improve myself as well.I hope i can speak a better English and brave enough to express myself in English.i think my hubby will proud of me!

No comments: