21 April, 2008

Is English that important?

My SIL came to visit my auntie on last Saturday.As my son is currently staying at my auntie house, so my son get the chance to play with her.I think my son likes her bcos he love to smile with her.My SIL find that i bought so much books for my son as he only 5 mths+.My auntie told her that i'm soon to build my son a small library when we move to our new house next year as my house still under construction.
She told me its good to build my son's reading interest when he's small.Her son who study in US university is very excel in his studies & sport.He's the state player for squash during his school days.I wish my son will be as smart him.My SIL told me that when his son is small, she used to buy him a lot of books as well.She will get my cousin brother to teach his son English every night cos my cousin brother was very good in English and he's the top boy in his schooling days.She hope his son will speak fluent English.Now, his son is the top student in the University.She's so proud of her husband & her son.
I'm not so good in English while my hubby was always busy in his work, therefore i'm scared that we might not teach my son in proper English.I think i have to send my son to British Council to learn proper English.I feel English is very important at any time.English is the only language that we able to converse when we travel to foreign country.In addition,most University use English as their teaching language.
I think i have to take up English courses to excel my English.There only i'm able to teach my son in proper English.I hope my son will not tease mummy over speaking broken English.(hahahaha)

No comments: