30 May, 2008

Daddy is beating Edward

All of us in the house love Edward so much especially my aunty who always praises my son for whatever he done, even to his wrong doing. Surely nobody in the house beat neither scold him. Maybe he’s the youngest among all & our house did not have any children other then him. He’s just like a prince in my family. Everyone love him and care for him very much!

Here's my story begins:-

Hubby back home quite early today. But we do not back to Butterworth as I have to work the next day. Edward plays around in the living hall as usual, running here & there happily. We give some toys on the tray of his walker so he can enjoy it further more. He may demand for carry at some time but anyway he behaves very well that evening.
He plays until he gets tired & sits back to his walker, so sudden he put his hand into his mouth, maybe its just a way to sooth his tiredness. My hubby noticed it & asks him to take out his hand. He looks at my hubby & continuously sucking his yummy Kentucky. My hubby call him twice but he just ignore him. He keeps on enjoying his yummy treats. Hubby immediately put away the newspaper on his hand & moves to the side of this little fella. Hubby takes out his hand & beat him but my son immediately put his hand into the mouth again when hubby let got of his hand. Surely hubby is going to beat him again and this time he wails his lung out but he did not ask for help even hubby keep on telling him that he can get comfort from mummy. To all of our surprise, he raise both his hand towards daddy while he still crying. After a while, daddy also feels pitiful of how he cries. Instead of scolding him, daddy has to console him & explain to him that it’s unhygienic of putting hand into mouth. I’m not sure Edward understand or not but he stop crying after a while & play happily again with us. Actually my heart really painful when I see him wail out his lung when daddy beats him but I know I cannot side him if he’s really wrong doing. We as a parent cannot spoilt our children even we love them so much. Now, he’s still so small to understand what we explain to him but if grows older we must explain the right & wrong to him instead of punish him. Am I right? Is anyone there to share with me the right ways of mothering?

No comments: