16 May, 2008

Home Interior Design

I was so surprise to find out that one of my friends is now venture into the business of interior design. He was previously involved in the printing line. Wow, I think I can get a second opinion from him other than the friend of my hubby. However, i’m not sure how much he’s going to charge me. Hehe, hopefully it’s free for consultation.

He roughly estimated the renovation cost for my new house upon the size of my house which cost us around 150-200k. It’s kinda expensive too! How if I add in for furnishing? Wow, the amount must crack my hubby’s head! My dear, you have to work double harder than before.

Actually I’m not bad in designing too as I had bought a CD of interior design during my school days. I love to use the software to help me with my dream design & the result is not bad. Didn't i mention that my second ambition is to become a top designer. However I’m really run out of time recently as there are a lot of pending jobs await for me to finish it 1st. Designing job does demand a lot of time and there are a lot of criteria to consider too. Besides that, I don’t think I can easily search for the material that I wanted due to in-experience. Of course I know I can always get through on-line as there are more options to choose from with better bargain but this can be very time consuming. Yet, the house is 4 storeys! I don’t think I have such a time to design all 4 storeys at the same time I have to take care of my little darling. After a long consideration, I think it’s better to let others to earn as I’m not in this profession. I might request my previous contractor to quote me as his finishing was not bad too. It’s better to let others do while giving my opinion to them which can really save time & move in on time. Anyway, I just hope for a simple yet comfortable house to live in with my hubby & my little darling.

No comments: